Iran visa for Belgian passport holders
Traveling to Iran needs an authorization code for most nationalities. To make getting visa easier especially for tourists, Iranian MFA has launched its own electronic visa application in early 2017 to facilitate submitting for an authorization code.
There are two steps to get an Iranian tourist visa
In the first step, you must fill out the visa application form and then attach the passport scan, photo and your itinerary and send it to us. It should be noted that the applicant's photo must be in color with JPEG format and the file size must be about 500 Kb. Receive your authorization code within 2 to 10 business days. Second step apply for your visa sticker in your nominated Iranian embassy OR Iran International Airports. You need your passport, the visa fee and 2 passport photos.
- For receive authorization number and letter of invitation.
- The fee which pay directly to the Iranian embassy or consulate where you will collect your visa.
Based on mutual agreements, citizens of some countries are exempt from applying for a visa to enter:
China including Hong Kong, Syria (90 day visa), Turkey (90 days), Lebanon (15 days), Azerbaijan (15 days), Georgia (45 days), Bolivia (30 days) and Egypt (20 days). If they want to stay more, they can extend their visa while they are in Iran.
- The Iranian e-Visa is extendable (you can extend it in Iran for 30 days). In order to extend your visa, head for the Police Department of Aliens Affairs. The process usually takes within one working day between 1-4 hours.
- The applicant's passport should have at least six months validity from the date of arrival in Iran.
- Applicants can enter Iran on any date within the time period indicated on the validity of the e-Visa
- If you are citizen of Afghanistan Iranian travel agencies cannot get visa invitation letter. You need to apply for and collect your visa at the embassies/consulates in your countries.
VOA (Visa on Arrival)
Belgian passport holders can visit Iran by visa on arrival.