Iran visa for British passport holders
- British passport holders must travel on a group or private tour with a registered guide to be allowed a visa to Iran
- The process of applying for a visa and obtaining a reference code for English citizens is longer and may take a month or more.
- The Iranian e-Visa is extendable (you can extend it in Iran for 30 days). In order to extend your visa, head for the Police Department of Aliens Affairs. The process usually takes within one working day between 1-4 hours.
- The applicant's passport should have at least six months validity from the date of arrival in Iran.
- Applicants can enter Iran on any date within the time period indicated on the validity of the e-Visa
VOA (Visa on Arrival)
British passport holders cannot visit Iran by visa on arrival and should get their visa beforehand